Carrying out his/her tasks under the supervision of a senior staff member, the intern will perform the following functions:
? Assists in the organization of meetings and logistics; prepare briefing materials for senior officials prior to their participation in such events.
? Supports social media activities run by the Office of the Secretary-General such as producing and monitoring content on the Secretary-General's twitter account and other channels.
? Supports the preparation and production of material, among others articles, blogs and news items in English, particularly on issues related to the UNCTAD mandates.
? Attends meetings and assists in reporting, writing briefs and other content.
? Assists in other areas when requested.
More generally, interns shall:
1. Observe all applicable rules, regulations, instructions, procedures and directives of the Organization notwithstanding their status as described in section 4 of the UN Internship Programme Administrative Instructions ST/AI/2000/9 & ST/AI/2005/11.
2. Provide the receiving departments/offices with a copy of all materials prepared by them during the internship. The UN shall be entitled to all property rights, including but not limited to patents, copyrights and trademarks, with regard to material which bears a direct relation to or is made in consequence of, the services provided under the internship. At the request of the UN, the interns shall assist in securing such property rights and transferring them to the UN in compliance with the requirements of the applicable law.
3. Respect the impartiality and independence required of the UN and of the receiving department/office and shall not seek or accept instructions regarding the services performed under the internship agreement from any Government or from any authority external to the UN;
4. Unless otherwise authorized by the appropriate official in the receiving department/office, they may not communicate at any time to the media or to any institution, person, Government or any other external source any information which has become known to them by reason of their association with the UN or the receiving department/office, that they know or ought to have known has not been made public. They may not use any such information without the written authorization of the appropriate official, and such information may never be used for personal gain. These obligations also apply after the end of the internship with the UN.
5. Refrain from any conduct that would adversely reflect on the UN or on the receiving department/office and will not engage in any activity which is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the UN.